Thursday, October 3, 2013

Welp, it's been fun.

*peeks in*

Okay, look, don't hate me (I'm looking at you, Julie.), but I have to go. Not far or anything, just over to Tumblr. I have come to the very difficult decision that Blogger is no longer the place for me.

Here's the deal. I've said just about all I needed to say here. I feel like I'm just repeating myself and/or other people now -- rewriting information that's already out there on ten other blogs. There's no need for that.

And Tumblr is working for me. As a format, it's pretty nifty.

If I have something to say, I can say it quickly and get back to writing.

If I see something I'd like to share, I can share it and get back to writing.

I'm sure you see a pattern forming.

The writing part is important. There's no use building a platform (which...oh, hey! look what I haven't been doing on this blog recently), if there's nothing to put up on the platform when you're done.

I will leave the blog up. I may even post occasionally, if I have something particularly long-winded to say. Heck, it's even possible I might change my mind someday.

But...yeah.

So, Tumblr. It's quick! It's fun! There are GIFs!* C'mon over!

*I know, I know. I've adjusted. I'm flexible like that.

9 comments:

  1. Yeah, I'm gonna have to check that out. I love me blog, but oy, I've neglected it. I've become a twitter junkie for all those reasons: quick, quick, quick! Ima check you out, girl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Twitter, too! In, chat a bit, out, write. It's nice.

      Delete
  2. Argh! Now I have to learn a new platform. Sigh. (This from a technical writer whose specialty has been high-tech.) Oh well, I learned FB and Twitter, even tho' I don't use Twitter much (yeah, I should do something about that too). I will do this thing because I want to continue to follow you, but I also want you to write and publish your stories and novels. That would be an even better way to follow you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean, technically, you don't really have to. You can just join and follow, and then all my posts will show up right there on your dashboard. Judy's too, though she's there under an alias.

      Also, I'm working on it. :)

      Delete
  3. Miss you here but I already see you on tumblr so me for the win. And if tumblr were more user friendly and there weren't still things I haven't figured out, I would probably be right behind you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a little convoluted at times, but not really more than Blogger was. We'll get it. :)

      Delete
  4. *grumble grumble grumble*
    *adding new link at my place*
    *still grumbling*
    *better than losing you completely*
    *grumble grumble*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (See how upset I was?
      I spelled my own name wrong!!!)

      Delete
    2. I'm very sorry for your pain. ;)

      Delete

Go ahead and leave a comment. No one will judge you for being a robot.